While pursuing Animal Planet’s website the other night with her mom, Nellie came across a new yummy banana treat recipe. As Nellie and her new baby sister both love bananas this recipe was a must!
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1-1/4 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-3 mashed bananas
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and pre-heat the over to 350 degrees
- Mix all the wet ingredients together first (oil, honey, milk, and bananas),
- Add the flour and oatmeal until you have a smooth batter.
- The batter will be somewhat runny. Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Once done baking, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to slice them into small, bite-sized squares.
Original recipe from http://animal.discovery.com/pets/5-dog-treats-recipes.htm
Nellie loves to watch football with her dad, but to be safe only eats dog-friendly football snacks. So she and Dr. Halsey created these Football Sunday muffins, just for her!
1½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup traditional rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup applesauce
½ cup water
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 apple, peeled, cored and minced
¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line pan or baking tin with paper liners.
2. Mix together all dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking powder and baking soda)
3. In another bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients (applesauce, water, oil, honey and eggs).
4. Add in chopped apple and cheese to wet ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir just until incorporated.
6. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins or pan, filling almost full.
7.Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Let cool completely before giving to your favorite pup(s)
*Be sure to store extra muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for no more than 2 weeks.
One of Nellie’s favorite summer events is parties with her doggie friends. As many of her friends also like to bake with their human-family members, it is important that she always brings a treat! This week Nellie would like to share one of her favorite summertime doggie cookies!
Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup rolled oats, regular or quick
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ cup minced carrot
2 large eggs
1 cup (9 1/4 ounces) peanut butter, crunchy or plain.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir until combined
- Add eggs and peanut butter
- Mix until combined.
- Cookie Cutter method: roll out onto a flour surface and cut out with your favorite dog-friendly cookie cutter (bone or fire hydrant-shaped are Nellie’s favorite)
- Freezer Box style: roll dough into a log, chill, and cut into discs. These can then be baked.
All cookies should be stored in airtight container, and as they contain egg should be tossed if not eaten within a week. If the cookies are not for immediate consumption consider freezing raw-dough and baking in smaller batches.